Monday, March 22, 2010

Study Reveals How Attendees Would Redesign the Convention Experience

Here are the top five trends identified, including some quotes from responding participants:

1. The commercial exhibit hall can be an overwhelming, inefficient learning experience for attendees.

Time constraints, crowds, lack of directional signage, shotgun use of multimedia and video and space constraints. All of these are factors that result in inefficient message absorption, learning, and use of time for physicians.

"Often times there are so many people, so many noises and so much activity that I have to try to close these potential distractions out in order to focus and prioritize," said a participant.

"I am always overwhelmed by the exhibit hall. It is so confusing where to start, how to figure out if you have missed anything and where to go next with your limited time," noted a participant.

2. Attendees want to be in control of their booth experience.

Most attendees have only a few minutes to spend at each booth, so it is crucial to allow them to control their experience while you control the environment.

As one participant surveyed put it, "I prefer to be by myself, and if I have any questions, I would approach someone. I want to get an idea first for me then explore deeper if necessary." More.

No comments:

Post a Comment