Sunday, August 15, 2010

CRM & the Event Industry – Tips from the Trenches

From Face to Face with Freeman:

There was a question in the "Trade Show Executive" LinkedIn group posted a few weeks ago that gave me pause:

What are the most effective CRM (customer relationship management) systems out there to drive exhibit sales growth?

I have been asked this question numerous times throughout my career. Technology has become such an integral part of business that we depend on systems to solve problems and yield bottom line results. However systems don't grow a business. Systems are tools used to achieve objectives. Too often, CRM is defined as a technology solution. While there are a number of technologies that can be employed to support CRM, the practice of deepening and broadening relationships with customers is about much more than technology.

At this point I had a few choices. I could:

  • Ignore the question
  • Call out the person asking the question
  • Reframe the question and provide a meaningful answer

I chose the final option and came up with the following: Continue.

No comments:

Post a Comment